Just for Kids!
Gold Rush Adventure Game
Suggested Student Activities
Ideas for reports
- the sternwheelers that travelled the Fraser River
- mining camps of the area
- The history of the town of Yale
- tools available and used during the gold rush
- the system of justice employed at the time
- the ordeals that were endured: weather, supplies, illness, fire, etc.
- the places of entertainment
- how long the Cariboo gold rush lasted
- Map study
- have the students sketch a map showing the most popular routes to the Cariboo
- Create games with a gold panner's theme